Wednesday 19 December 2012

Hair Update...


Hey there readers,

This is another one of those posts where I don't really know what I'm going to write about. But i'm trying to post more so here I am, posting. That love affair that started with my hair in that 'I Love My Hair' post is on-going and more passionate than ever (lol). I'm really excited about the New (Hair) Year that we're about to enter into. Is that strange? New Hair Year? I mean sure, I'm excited about the new year, but the new hair year has got me all abuzz. I feel like I made some real progress with my hair this past year and after like three setbacks I feel so prepared for managing my hair. 

I think I cut off a total of like 4-5 inches of hair over the course of this year so you can't see a really see a massive difference in length but I've achieved so much health-wise, it's cray. 

For one, since I gave up using combs I nolonger get those multiple splits. Do you know the ones I'm talking about? 5, 6 splits crawling up the same hair strand like a ladder? Yuk. No more, no more! I mean I still get normal splits every now and again, as is the nature of hair, but those buggers? No siree! Finger detangling successfully has really made a difference!

I used to complain alot about how my hair felt. I'm talking about the texture, but not the natural texture. Like you know the whole Nature, Nurture thing? So if my natural texture is defined by my genetics then the nuture-ish texture is determined by everything I do to it. And prior to now my hair has never felt nice. It's always felt rough and dry and I dunno, just not nice. But now? My hair feels AWESOME. I mean so soft, I can't believe it's my hair. And it's all down to my love: Faith In Nature and effective sealing. My hair even behaves differently now and it feels awesome

finger detangled, moisturised, sealed and ready to go!
This year brought a real learning curve when it comes to sealing. I experimented with lots of different oils and I now know what absodefolutely works for me. See I discovered castor oil which was a vast improvement from olive oil for sealing but it's viscosity rendered it ineffective. 

I mean it doesn't matter how great a sealant is if I can't spread it right!? But then I started cutting it. First I tried sunflower oil which made a real change. For the first time my hair dried soft after washing. It even maintained it's moisture for a full day and a half. But sunflower oil is abit too light for me. So then in a moment of pure genius, I tried rapeseed oil (the only other oil we have lying around the house) and Eu-freaking-reka. A match made in hair heaven.

Do you remember when I wrote about all the problems I'm having with my hair? If you exclude single strand knots, all these issues have officially been overcome. How insane is that. I remember how hopeless I felt and how frustrated I was with my hair then. 8 months later and I'm so freaking satisfied. 

So yeah, I don't care how strange it sounds. Bring on the New Hair Year. I'm so excited about my hair in 2013. I feel equipped

Time to throw it to you, what have you learnt about your hair this year? 

No comments:

Post a Comment