Wednesday 5 September 2012

Faith In Nature Chocolate Conditioner aka Miracle in a bottle!


Guys it has finally happened. I have finally found a holy grail product. Something I cannot live without. Something I will go all out and claim as being a miracle in a bottle. It's that serious.

It all started about five months ago. Remember in the I Love My Hair!! post, how I spoke about that new conditioner that I used that actually made a difference to my hair? This is what I was talking about. So the long and the short of it was that I'd been looking for some accessible products. I stumbled across the Faith In Nature brand and bought the chocolate set (shower gel, shampoo and conditioner). They have so many different products to choose from and so I settled Chocolate because it is advertised as 'For Dark Hair'. I love that btw, It's nice to have a break from the 'for curly hair' or 'for afro hair' that I normally see.

So my new products arrive, I use them as intended and for the most part I was unaffected. Actually that's a bit harsh. I saw a result but nothing to write home about. So what are you writing home about? you ask.

A couple of months ago I had a performance, and for this performance I decided to do a flat twist out (vid coming soon). See as i've said before I have my twist out game on lock but my post twist out protocol sucks. When I got back home I haphazardly twisted my hair and went to bed. The next day my twist out was dead and I had somewhere to be so I pulled the twists into a bun, added and scarf and then went about my business. Somehow, over the course of two weeks, my hair went from being a chexy twist out to a ratty hot mess.

And when I say hot mess I mean random clumps of tangles, dreads, can this even be called hair anymore-ness. Seriously. It got to the point where I couldn't avoid it anymore and so I set out to detangle. So i'm detangling and getting somewhere and nowhere at the same time. It's taking me days. One night i'm trying to think about how to get everything done faster. I can't add water because that will make everything tangle more and oil does nothing for my hair... What can I put to stop this snap crackle and popping thats going on??

What's that saying? Necessity breeds invention. I needed to moisten my hair without 'activating' my tiny curls. I look around my room and see the FIN Chocolate Conditioner and remember that it was quite liquidy. So I put some on my fingertips and smooth it into a section of hair and then Eu-freaking-reka!!
Somewhere in the world a lightbulb went off and an apple fell on somebody's head.
Yep it was like discovering gravity. The dreads unravelled and the tangles melted away, it was a hairvolution! I'm not even exaggerating. I did it again and again and again to make sure I wasn't imagining things. I even tried again the next day to make sure the sleep deprivation due to detangling wasn't causing hallucinations.

Finger detangling is now a breeze guys. What used to take me 4 hours now takes 30 minutes. And my hair is actually detangled. Not that kinda detangled I used to get. Styling is soooo much easier. In fact everything is easier.

Since this has been kinda long (and i'm not sure how much of you are still with me) i'm gonna end it here and come back later with the details on how I use it.

You heard it here first folks: Faith In Nature Chocolate Conditioner is the truth dot com when it comes to detangling. Slip for days my friends. Slip for days.

¡Viva la hairvolution!

8 comments:

  1. Ooohhh, I've always wanted to try them but I wasn't sure which flavo - er, scent to try.
    I'm glad someone's reviewed them though because nobody ever seems too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was torn before purchasing aswell because I hadn't seen any reviews either but I took a risk and I'm glad I did. And I know what you mean, they have SO many types of shampoos and conditioners it was ages before I could decide. But I would whole heartedly recommend the chocolate line, I also bought the jojoba conditioner but it had no detangling ability!

      If you do end up trying it please let me know if it worked for you!!

      And thanks for taking the time to comment :)

      Delete
  2. Dear Rella,

    I don't know how I happened upon your blog, but I am glad I did. I know I was googling hair detanglers. I had tried everything from Kinky Curly Knot today, to Qhemet's Cocoa detangling ghee to Roux Porosity Conditioner (and keep in mind none of this ish was cheap!). None of it worked. Combing my hair meant a 2 hour session in the bathroom to end with half my hair balled up in the garbage, no matter what I used.

    I read your claims of finding the "holy grail" and I gave you a side eye. I did. But my desperation to avoid cutting off my hair to a lowcut caesar said to try it. Then I learned it's an English product (and I'm in the U.S.). Of course I wasn't about to spend twice as much as the product actually cost for shipping.

    Fast forward three months later and I saw it offered on Amazon.com. It was a sign from G-d. G-d wanted me to use this hair product. I received it in packaging that wasn't nearly as nice as yours, but I received it! And it's strength would definitely be tested as I hadn't combed my hair in weeks and had resorted to wearing a tam (a.k.a. rasta cap). I slathered the conditioner into my wet hair, while doubting its powers b/c honestly it's pretty thin and watery. I looked at my hair expecting the strands to part like the Red Sea, which did not happen. But! The magic happened when I actually went to separate the strands with my fingers. I felt like I was in a dream. I didn't hear the ripping sound that tangled hair makes when it doesn't want to be separated from it's mate. The strands just came apart. What normally would take me 2 hours, took 30-40 mins. I'm still kind of in disbelief and somewhat expect this magic to disappear. For now though, I am ecstatic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear NikNak,

      Your comment gave me life! As in seriously. LIFE.

      I am so glad you found my blog and even gladder that you tried the FIN conditioner. I like you tried so many other products and nothing worked so I aint mad at your side eye lol.

      Let me tell you, I've been using this stuff for a year now and I still get dazed by how awesomely it works. So no disappearing acts here!

      Thanks for taking the time to write such an amazing comment and welcome to the FIN club!!
      Rella x x

      Delete
  3. Hi! Found you onYoutube and LOVE everything I've seen so far. Do you have any plans to do a video on this? Your hair appears to be very similar to mine. It would be great to see some 'relevant' detangling in action.
    Thanks so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Sweetceey!

      Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and thanks even more for your encouraging words!
      Funnily enough I've shot like three detangling vids but it's taking me forever to get through all the footage so I'll probably shoot another and try to cut down on the rambling lol.

      So that's def. something that I'll be posting soonish.

      Thanks for dropping by :)

      Delete
  4. Apart from in not detangling, how do you find the jojoba conditioner?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lala, I really liked it! I liked the smell, and used it as a moisturiser and it worked well :)

      Delete